Tomorrow marks the start of the annual Colorado craft beer celebration, Colorado Craft Beer Week. The celebration consists of a collection of events featuring local brewers, restaurants and pubs that serve Colorado craft beer. The next nine days will be a great time to try a new brewery, or check out a taphouse or pub you’ve never been to. There are quite a few different opportunities during the week to learn more about the ever growing Colorado craft beer industry.
Colorado Craft Beer Week is run by the Colorado Brewers Guild. As they describe it, “Colorado Craft Beer Week is a nine-day celebration of Colorado’s craft brewers, pubs and restaurants. Dozens of events will showcase brewers and educate beer lovers about Colorado’s unique craft beer community.”
There are too many events to list them all, so here are the featured events for the week:
- Collaboration Fest: March 22, 2014 – This event will showcase the release of over 20 Colorado collaboration beers, all being unveiled at the event! Each beer featured at Collaboration Festival will be created by at least one Colorado Brewers Guild member, with other participating breweries coming from near and far.
- Escape to Colorado: March 21-29, 2014 – All week long, Epic Brewing will be donating $.25 per pint sold in the tap room of our much-loved Escape to Colorado IPA to the Colorado Brewers Guild. Raise a glass to the CBG for all the work they do for Colorado’s craft breweries.
- Colorado Craft Beer Week Classic: March 25, 2014 – In celebration of Colorado Craft Beer Week, Lou’s Food is teaming up with four of Colorado’s top breweries to host a 5-course beer dinner. Featured beers provided by Avery Brewing Co., Left Hand Brewing. Upslope Brewing Company and Prost Brewing.
- New Kids on the Block: March 27, 2014 – New Kids on the Block is a beer-centric event celebrating Colorado breweries under 2 years old. Come in your finest 80s duds to this all-you-can-drink event! The event will include unlimited beer tastings, 80′s jams, a beer-themed buffet and a costume contest.
- Hops & Handrails: March 29, 2014 – Left Hand Brewing is excited to announce the return of Hops & Handrails Beer Fest & Rail Jam, on March 29th in Longmont, Colorado. The hybrid winter event will feature the finest craft breweries alongside a 25’ high ski ramp at Left Hand Brewery. Hops & Handrails will bring the best Colorado has to offer in a family friendly winter wonderland loaded with snowboards and craft beer!
There are quite a few more events going on during Colorado Craft Beer Week. To find out more, check out the event calendar. Have a fun week checking out Colorado craft beer, and be safe out there!